Located in the southern part of Thailand the island of Krabi is probably one of the most romantic places on earth. If you are planning your honeymoon lately, then it can be a perfect getaway for the two of you to spend some quality time alone in the lap of nature, relax and rejuvenate. The picturesque island of Krabi is a combination of rolling mountains and aqua blue ocean. The lush green vegetation, idyllic islets and the limestone cliffs makes the place ideal for honeymooners or love birds who just want to be tucked away from the rest of the world for a few days.
How to get there?
Reaching Krabi is simple. You can connect via buses or planes. Regular flights ply from Bangkok to Krabi International Airport which is located 15 kilometres away from the city centre. Booking your tickets beforehand will fetch you a good price. Buses from all over Thailand ply to Krabi. AC coaches as well as Non AC coaches are available every day. If you are travelling from Bangkok then it will take around 12 hours to reach the island. Packages of bus and boat are available from Koh Samui as well.
Places to visit…
Now that you are on your honeymoon, you would want to make it as romantic as possible for your beloved. Krabi offers you a lot and much more to cherish, relish and enjoy the most intimate moments of your life. So here are the five most exotic places that you must visit while you are honeymooning in this beautiful archipelago.
- Railey Beach – Also known as Rai Leh the beach forms a peninsula between Krabi and Ao Nang. Traditional boats are available to get to the beach.
- Viking Cave at Phi Phi Islands – The Cave at the Phi Phi Island got its name from the various illustrations and paintings of European vessels and ships. This picturesque island is a must visit for everyone.
- Maya Bay – The place where the famous film “The Beach” was shot. The extremely scenic paradise is located in the Phi Phi Island. The breathtakingly blue sea will enchant you forever.
- Phra Nang Beach – Located in the island of Ao Nang, the Phra Nang Beach is one of those spectacular places where you get to see limestone cliffs growing out of the sea. The aqua blue water along with the limestone cliffs makes it look just like a picture from the fairy tale book.
- Tup Island – This is also an archipelago in the Ao Nang island. Honeymooners would love the serene and pristine beach with very few people around. You can try a lazy swim or snorkelling in the sea here.
Things to do…
Since Krabi is comprised of many islands and beaches you are sure to get the best water sports and adventures here. Snorkelling is one of the most popular adventures as the clear water of the sea facilitates in increasing the visibility of the rich marine life beneath the waters. Apart from that you can try boat rides, diving, speed boat ride and even camping in the nearby forest. Eat the local cuisine, shop for the local handicrafts and play on the beach – that is what Krabi is for its visitors. So when you are planning your honeymoon, make sure to take your best beach wear, shades and lots of sun screens or tanning lotion.